Michigan Workers’ Comp Insurance
CAMComp is a Michigan Workers’ Compensation Insurance company. The plan is a group self-insurance program designed for and operated by the construction industry.
CAMComp is based in Michigan and has decades of experience with the local construction industry. You can expect quality in service, quality in workers’ comp claims management and quality in the handling of claims when they arise. Our service provider is top-quality also, with an AM Best rating of A+.
We monitor claims for validity to help control workers’ comp group costs. And when a claim needs to be processed, we do so quickly and efficiently, right here in our Michigan offices. Get a quote >
how safety pays:
It’s simple. When your workers’ comp group is safe, you get cash back. CAM COMP = CA$H COMP for many of the groups we cover. Once a year, you can expect a dividend of a percentage of your premiums.* More about how safety pays >
the same coverage
It’s the same. By law, all providers must deliver workers’ comp coverage to comply with Michigan Compensation standards. The significant difference is the cash back you can receive. More about we offer the same coverage >
we understand you
It’s delivered by your peers. We fully understand the unique workers’ comp needs of the construction industry. And we understand the value of your time. When you call us – for any reason – you will get quick service from expert staff onsite here in Michigan. More about how we serve you >
flexibility and quality
It’s easy to afford workers’ comp insurance. We offer payment plans to meet your needs for quality coverage with flexible terms. A fair but firm approach to claims management helps ensure the members we cover control costs. And our AM Best rating is A+4. More about our flexibility and quality >
Looking for workers’ compensation insurance in Michigan? CAMComp has the coverage your group insurance plan needs. If you are a member of a Construction Association of Michigan, your business may qualify for workers’ compensation insurance from CAMComp.
Distractions Can Be Deadly
Distractions reduce safety in all types of work environments, but especially so in situations where machinery and vehicles are in motion near workers. The chances of being struck by a moving vehicle, lift truck, crane or boom are greater when operators or nearby personnel are distracted.
OSHA states that “the leading cause of worker fatalities year after year are motor vehicle crashes; distracted driving dramatically increases the risk of such crashes.”
What causes distractions?
- Hurrying to finish a task
- Cell phone use
- Repetitive work
- Long work sessions without a break
- Work sessions that are often interrupted by other tasks
- Machinery that is malfunctioning
- Cluttered workplaces – debris and construction materials should be cleaned up; shop floors should be kept clean
- Noisy workplaces or using earbuds to listen to music cause workers to not hear important signals in their surroundings
What can be done to minimize distractions?
- Employers should be aware that increasing production schedules generally reduces safety as workers try to work faster
- Prohibit cell phone use and texting – especially while driving
- Reduce simple repetitive work and introduce more variety into work schedules
- Provide breaks during the work day. Studies have shown that a more frequent schedule of mini-breaks can improve safety
- Reduce interruptions from other staff or outside influences
- Keep machinery in good working order
- Debris and construction materials should be cleaned up; shop floors should be kept clean
- Reduce noise levels and consider educating employees on the dangers of wearing earbuds or using radios to listen to music on the job
Minimizing distractions an important part of improving jobsite safety and worker productivity.
Special Fabricators Inc. Prefers CAMComp
Special Fabricators is a metal fabricator in Madison Heights, Michigan that employs about 10 people. According to company president Richard Tieman, Special Fabricators first heard about the great value and service that CAMComp offers from the Construction Association of Michigan. Richard said his experience with CAMComp over the past 20 years has always been positive.
His top five reasons to choose CAMComp:
- “Financial. It’s hard to compare to others when you get money back!”
- “Coverage. Everything we need for our employees.”
- “Service. We’ve had claims handled quickly and properly.”
- “Advice. I can call and get my questions answered right away.”
- “Safety. We’ve attended safety classes over the years and found them to be very valuable.”
If your business can benefit from great rates, great coverage and great service, plus all the benefits of CAMComp‘s Safety Center, contact us today.